1. Don’t leave email sitting in your in box.
2. Admit multitasking is bad.
3. Do the most important thing first.
4. Check your email on a schedule.
5. Keep web site addresses organized
6. Know when you work best.
7. Think about keystrokes.
8. Make it easy to get started.
9. Organize your to-do list every day
10. Dare to be slow.
11. Close the loop.
Here are my views on the points..
#3, #4, #5, #6, #9 – Good ones..
#4 – This is very nice point..If person keeps checking mails all the time… he/she will get distracted.
#6 – Now all IT vendors are working towards flexible timings. Some person may prefer to work without any disturbances and they work at nights.
#9 – We should be organizing our TODO’s as well as Project TODO’s. All todo’s should have priority.
Production Support Role:
#1,#2,#3,#11 are good
#4 – Its bad. Because Production problem may occur at any point of time..There is no specific time. And the person should be capable enough to handle multitasking.