Archive for the ‘US Visa’ Category

Types of US Visa’s

Ever wondered what type of Visa you need if you want to enter USA. Here are the different types of Visa for USA.

A – Official Visa

  • A-1: For Ambassadors, public ministers & consular officers
  • A-2: For immediate family members of A-1
  • A-3: Attendants & servants of A-1 and A-2 holders

    B – Business/Visitor Visa

  • B-1: Temporary visitor for business
  • B-2: Temporary visitor for leisure

    C & D Visa (For Aliens in transit)

  • C-1,2: Alien in transit directly through US
  • C-3: Family of C-1,C-2 in transit
  • C-4: Transit without Visa(TWOV)
  • D-1: Sailors departing on vessel of arrival
  • D-2: Sailors departing by other means

    E – Visa (For Traders/Investors)

  • E-1: Treaty Trader, spouse and children
  • E-2: Treaty Investor, spouse and children

    F Visa (Students)

    Want to study or research at a U.S. college? Then F is the visa for you –

  • F-1: Academic Student
  • F-2: Spouse or child of F-1

    H (Temporary Worker) Visa

  • H-1B: Persons in a specialty occupation
  • H-2B: Seasonal nonagricultural workers
  • H-3: Trainees other than medical/academic; also training of handicaps
  • H-4: Dependants of H visa holders

    I Visa (Mediapersons)

    Are you a reporter, film person, Editor? Then you require an I-visa –
    Essential documents: Your press ID, a letter from the editor.

    J & Q Exchange Visitor Visa

  • J-1: Visas for exchange visitors. exchange visitors may be academics, scientists, businesspeople or students.
  • J-2: Spouse or ‘child’ of J-1 under 21

    K Fiance(e) of US Citizen

  • K-1: Fiance(e)
  • K-2: Minor child of K-1
  • K-3: Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (LIFE Act)
  • K-4: Child of K-3 (LIFE Act)Essential documents: Marriage certificate & Photos, Intent of marrying within 90 days in US(for K1).

    L Visa (Intracompany Transferees)

  • L-1A: Executive, managerial
  • L-1B: Specialized knowledge
  • L-2: Spouse or child of L-1

    M Visa – Vocational and Language Students

  • M-1: Vocational student or other non-academic student
  • M-2: Spouse or child of M-1

    O Visa – For Prodigies

  • O-1: For a Genius in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics.
  • O-2: Alien’s (support) accompanying O-1
  • O-3: Spouse or child of O-1 or O-2

    P Visa – Athletes and Entertainers

  • P-1: Athletes & Entertainment groups
  • P-2: Entertainers in exchange programs
  • P-3: Entertainers in cultural programs
  • P-4: Spouse or child of P-1, 2, or 3

    R Visa – Religious Workers

  • R-1: Religious workers
  • R-2: Spouse or child of R-1
  • Read Full Post »

    All air travelers entering the United States beginning January 23 will need to show passports — even U.S. citizens

    Until now, U.S. citizens, travelers from Canada and Bermuda, and some travelers from Mexico who have special border-crossing cards for frequent visitors were allowed to show other proofs of identification, such as drivers’ licenses or birth certificates.

    In a few cases, other documents still may be used for air entry into the U.S. by some frequent travelers between the U.S. and Canada, members of the American military on official business and some U.S. merchant mariners.

    Read Full Post »

    H1 Checklist

    1. Passport Copies
    2. I-94 Copy (Front and Back)
    3. L1 Documents along with approval. (Copies)
    4. Degree Certificate Copy
    5. Bachelors Marks Cards Copies
    6. 10 and 12th Marks card copies.
    7. Offer letter from your company.
    8. Resume
    9. SSN Card Copy
    10. Current Address
    11. Recent Pay Stubs (Last 2 or 3)
    12. Any Training Certificates if available.
    13. Any Experiance letters if available
    14. Marriage Certificate.
    15. Spouse Passport Copies
    16. Spouse I-94 Copy
    17. Bank Statements for the past 3 months

    Read Full Post »